* Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
* 1 medium baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
* 2 garlic cloves
* 2 firm, ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* 3 ounces manchego cheese, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Brush with oil, and bake, rotating halfway through, until crisp and deep golden brown, about 9 minutes; transfer to a plate.
2. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush generously with oil. Bake until light golden brown around edges, 8 to 9 minutes. Rub with garlic cloves.
3. Mash avocados with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Spread avocado on baguette slices. Top each with a slice of cheese and a piece of prosciutto. Season with pepper.