Bet you didn’t think Tuesday could feel like a Monday, did ya? Neither did I but here it is. The dreaded post-Labor Day Tuesday that feels like a Monday. At least we’re all in it together. Well, except for those smart people who took the whole week off. But they’ll be right there with us next Monday. You can trust that.
I’ve decided that all weekends should be four days long. And yes, I realize that this would then make my Tuesday feels like Monday situation a regular thing but I’m OK with that.
If not all weekends at least one per month. Let’s consider the benefits:
- You would be able to visit your family more often (this is assuming you like spending time with your family. If not please skip to bullet #5)
- And while visiting your family you would have time to pick up your nephews from school. And within minutes one would open the car door into the other one’s forehead. Aunt of the year material right there. I can’t make this stuff up.
- You could eat ice cream at 3:00 in the afternoon. Mostly because you planned to do it, but also because it’s 100 degrees and you feel bad that you are returning a damaged child.
- You get to spend more time outside. Enjoying a
hot and humidnice long run along a water-less beautiful trail and enjoying an even hotterlovely baseball game.
- A chance to celebrate with presents, birthday cake and thumbprint cookies. And if a holiday is not cause for the weekend, you can justify the cake because a 4-day weekend is a holiday in itself. You’re welcome.
- More time to experience sunsets like this. A chance to roll the windows down (if your 4-day weekend occurs from May-October) and find beauty in the place you were raised.
So now that I’ve made you hot, hungry, tired and reconsidering children with my Tuesday that feels like a Monday post I’d like to remind you that tomorrow is….
And we can all find humor in that. Have a great week!
Tagged: baseball, baskin robbins, finn, Geico, greater swiss mountain dog, holidays, hump day, ice cream, incredibly delicious, labor day, lemon blueberry scones, running, sangamon valley trail, sunset, young house love