I’m a list maker. It’s a blessing and a curse really. Blessing because it keeps me from forgetting things and curse because I sometimes re-write my list halfway through just because I don’t like the way it looks.
My list making doesn’t begin and end at groceries. I make lists for projects at work, packing lists for my weekends away from home, ‘don’t forget’ lists to remind myself of the things I’ll forget on one of my other lists. There’s just something about physically writing an item down and crossing it off that makes me feel like I’m winning at life. I’ve tried a few apps and while they are handy, they aren’t the same. Don’t try to change me. Like a handwritten thank you card, my opinions on keeping this process old school will never change.
I like to make lists. I also like to high-five people. Here is a list of people/things I would like to high-five.
1. Brett Eldredge for his new song, the Beat of the Music. My FitRadio app has been loving this song about 2 miles into my run and I can’t complain. I may or may not prancercise along with it whenever it comes on.
2. Speaking of FitRadio, high-five for adding a DJ that spins my favorite country tracks during a workout. I’m more of a rap-or-dance-music-while-exercising kind of girl, but this DJ has been throwing Eric Church songs into the mix and I love me some Eric Church songs any time of day.
3. West Loop dog activity center Tucker Pups for their ability to cause Finn fall asleep in these positions about two minutes in the door after a full day of play:
4. This post for documenting other dogs that sleep in horribly awkward positions like mine does. It’s currently tied with this video that shows just how incredibly tough dogs are when they are faced with a cat.
5. Jimmy Fallon and Zach Galifianakis. One hand high-five to each at the same time for their latest skits.
Not only are they funny, but in the case of the latter, it is actually driving measurable traffic to heathcare.gov. It’s a marketing professional’s dream come true.
So that’s my list. There are plenty more where that came from. Literally. I’m heading home this weekend and I need to make a list of things to pack.
Are you a list maker? Do you have someone who deserves a high-five? Link up below and share your comments with me. I’d love to hear from you.
Have a great weekend!