Oh look, more snowflakes

Happy Monday y’all!

I’m in my southern character today, accent and all, in an attempt to escape the cold spell we’re about to get hit with again. I don’t know about you but I’m over the snow. Fortunately, I’m at the tail-end of a rare four-day weekend, so I can’t let another mini polar vortex ruin my day-off spirit.

Speaking of snowflakes, this weekend we celebrated the first birthday of yet another one of my best friend’s daughters with a winter ‘one’derland theme.

grayson_invite

winter onederland birthday party, first birthday party winter theme, hot chocolate bar, cupcakes, birthday party ideas,

If you were reading along last year, we threw a series of baby showers for an influx of little girls coming our way throughout the winter season. Four to be exact. It’s hard to believe they are all turning one already. If you mommas are reading this, you might want to consider another theme for year two as each party has been accompanied by LOTS of snowflakes, both inside and out.

grayson first birthday, winter onederland theme, little girl birthday party ideas

My girlfriend went all out with this theme so Grayson could celebrate her first birthday with 60 of her closest friends and family. Little lady is barely one and she already has a higher attendance record than I do. Both my friend and her husband come from large families so shoe counts like this are not uncommon.

IMG_3624

After lunching on hot dips, chopped salad, mac n’ cheese and baked mostaccioli, guests enjoyed the hot chocolate bar, dozens of cupcakes, cookies, brownies and sweet treats galore.

winter onederland birthday party, first birthday party winter theme, snowman oreos, snowman marshmallows, iced snowflake sugar cookies, birthday party ideas,

In reference to the photo above, you are in fact seeing double. Grayson’s cousins are twins, 16 months old and lightning fast. I was just happy to get them both in the frame.

winter onederland birthday party, first birthday party winter theme, birthday party ideas,

I think it’s safe to say Grayson had a great time at her party. According to her mother she had so much fun that she decided to wake up every 3 hours later that night to see if anyone still wanted to celebrate.

i had a little free time on Friday so I made a batch of snowflake sugar cookies. Completely unnecessary as my friend had plenty of sweets, but they fit in nonetheless.

iced snowflake sugar cookies, royal icing, snowflake sugar cookies, winter wonderland first birthday party, simply social blog

IMG_3596

I’m off to get a few more things done before the snow starts again. Have a great week!

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

19 thoughts on “Oh look, more snowflakes

1. Nicole June 27, 2014 at 8:05 am Reply

My gosh, I just love this! I’ll be using this as inspiration for my daughter’s first birthday in December! Any chance you could let me know where to get that chalkboard sign? I’m just in love with it! Hot chocolate bar is such a wonderful idea!

2. Steph July 31, 2014 at 9:47 am Reply

Could you tell me where you got the invite?! I LOVE it…it’s perfect.

3. Serena October 22, 2014 at 7:45 am Reply

Hi! I love the idea of a hot chocolate bar! I’m going to do it for my daughter’s first birthday … what kind of things did you put for toppings beside marshmallows and whipped cream?

• Sarah @ simplysocialblog October 23, 2014 at 8:32 pm Reply

We had sprinkles, chocolate, caramel and other toppings. Just think of it like a sundae bar!

4. Brandy October 22, 2014 at 5:59 pm Reply

Where did you guys get the baby jersey!? My daughter’s bday is coming up right around the corner and I have been looking for months and I can’t find anything close to what I want.

• Sarah @ simplysocialblog October 23, 2014 at 8:32 pm Reply

Brandy,
      My girlfriend actually had this for her daughter. It’s an Illini jersey (our alma mater) and she just ordered the pink kids version with the Number 1 on it.

• Brandy November 15, 2014 at 11:15 pm

Alright thank you! (:

5. melissa November 21, 2014 at 2:19 pm Reply

i also love the invite! i emailed you too – if you are interested in making another 🙂

6. […] inspired by this beautiful picture of the real thing (located at the Simply Social blog, from this post). I would love to bake these […]

7. Top Party Themes for January January 10, 2015 at 7:00 am Reply

[…] iced_snowflake_cookies Baby, It's Cold Outside from simply social blog […]

8. Kim January 11, 2015 at 12:12 pm Reply

Super cute! What is the snowman treat in your “thank you” bags?

• Sarah @ simplysocialblog January 26, 2015 at 7:26 am Reply

Kim,
      So sorry for the delay. I missed your comment. The favors were just white chocolate covered oreos decorated to look like snowmen. Thanks!

9. harle January 25, 2015 at 10:21 pm Reply

I also love the invites! Could I please get an email address so you could possibly make some for me. Thanks!

10. The votes are in | Simply Social Blog February 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm Reply

[…] Oh look, more snowflakes […]

11. Kayla October 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm Reply

Where did you get these invites?? This is exactly what I have been looking for for my shower!

Leave a Note

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s