They say time flies when you’re having fun.
They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.
And they also say you should probably create your wedding video prior to the eve of your first anniversary.
Well I say two out of three ain’t bad.
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since our wedding day. On the one hand it feels like just yesterday we were finalizing details and using all the big-ticket grandparent prayers we could for what turned out to be a beautifully sunny and warm spring day. On the other hand it seems like so much has happened over the past 365 days:
- We visited 8 countries (ok so Matt visited 8. I only got to tag along for 3 of them)
- We hosted our first Florida Thanksgiving
- We moved into a new home (still a few vacancies for visitors during hurricane season)
- We enjoyed some romantic meals and date nights
- And we had a lot of visitors
So since I’m sure my husband is already celebrating our anniversary across the world right now in Goa, India (barring another record heat-induced power outage), I thought I’d share my better late than never look back on the day that I was blessed with the opportunity to walk through life holding this guy’s hand.
(photos courtesy of the oh-so-talented Wright Photographs)
One thought on “Matters of the heart”